P3 – Nordic Hamstring Curl
- Neutral Spine
- Focus on control the movement using your hamstrings and posterior thigh
- Slow and controlled movement on the way down
- Place an exercise ball or a chair against a wall to use for support. Use your hands to support some of your bodyweight as you lower and rise.
- If you do not have a partner to hold your feet: you may wedge your feet against a wall (better with shoes on) and perform the movement through a smaller range.
Alternate Exercise: Hamstring Heel Bridge
- Begin lying on your back with your arms laying straight to your sides, knees bent and heels in contact with the ground with toes lifted.
- Tighten your abdominals and slowly lift your hips off the floor into a bridge position. Hold x 5 seconds, repeat 2 x 10 reps. Progress to heel bridge march. Once in the bridge, lift one leg off the ground, keeping your knee bent. Lower it back down and repeat, alternating between each leg.
- Make sure to keep your back straight throughout the exercise and your arms flat on the floor.